Brian Woolfolk is a senior member of the Squire Sanders government relations and congressional investigations practices. He represents a broad array of clients with matters before Congress and federal agencies. Brian also counsels clients involved in high profile Congressional Investigations. In addition, he advises clients on compliance with federal election, lobbying disclosure and gift ban regulations.
Prior to his tenure in private practice, Brian served as a Democratic counsel on the US House Judiciary Committee and advised members and staff on constitutional, environmental, antitrust, criminal justice and investigative issues. Brian also served as legislative counsel to Congressman Robert C. (Bobby) Scott of Virginia, currently a senior member of the House Judiciary and Education and Workforce Committees.
In December 2011, Brian moderated Squire Sanders’ Briefing on Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Reform.
- Securing a key corporate bankruptcy provision for a major investment bank.
- Advancing legislation to combat organized retail crime for a coalition of major retailers.
- Advising a coalition of Fortune 500 companies on legislation to remedy interstate taxation problems.
- Providing legal advice on federal campaign, election, lobbying disclosure and gift ban compliance.
- Serving as investigative counsel to clients involved in high profile Congressional investigations.